We’ve been getting lots of carrots with our CSA this past month. Here are some ideas that we’ve been doing with our carrots.
Maple Glazed Carrots
Wash, peel and chop up the carrots. Add a little water to cook the carrots. When tender, add in a tablespoon of butter and a swirl of maple syrup. (I know swirl isn’t an exact measurement but it all depends on taste and the number of carrots you have cooking up!). Cook until throughly heated and serve!
Wash, peel and chop up the carrots. Add a little water to cook the carrots. When tender, add in a tablespoon of butter and a handful of fresh dill. (We used dill from our garden!). Cook until throughly heated and serve!
Carrot, Apple, Raisin Muffins
This recipe made 10 large muffins. I recently purchased a large 6 muffin tin pan since I was getting tired of small muffins. This original recipe said it made 18 muffins – not sure what size muffins they were making but here is the recipe as I made it.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 cups shredded carrots (about 6 medium)
1 1/4 cup raisins
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 large granny smith apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners. (If you are making less muffins, as my 2nd time I only had 4 muffin tins filled, be sure to fill the empty spots with water for even cooking).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, then add in both sugars.
- Shred carrots to measure 2 cups packed.
- Add the carrots and raisins to the flour mixture; toss well to combine.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Peel, core and shred the apple. Add the shredded apple to the egg mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin tins filling about three-quarters full.
- Bake for about 15-20* minutes, or until muffins test done.
I changed the recipe slightly but here is the original recipe from Food.com Carrot Raisin Muffins.
|About to go into the oven!|
|Ready to enjoy! Yum!|